Wednesday, September 5, 2012

being a bad blogger.

Cairo streets inspire me intellectually and aesthetically. From the tightly packed sidewalks in Dokki lined with mustachio-men gossiping and puffing on hubbly bubblies I squeeze through on my way to classes to Old Cairo streets teeming out of walls once built by Saladin in Egypt more than 800 years ago or the graffiti stained barricades of Tahrir, I can't help but sigh or gawk or laugh. It has been a week since I have written because I frankly do not know how to articulate my emotions about this chaotic city.

Last weekend, like most stereotypical tourists in Egypt, we rounded up in an AC bus and sped through Cairo to the pyramids of Giza.It was fascinating to go because of the history and the like but I am still uneasy and concerned about my identity as a tourist. On one hand I provided an income, on the other, I felt strange taking pictures of men on camels as though they were a relic like a 4000 year old statue or offering stone. We did ride camels, and I won't be modest- I looked pretty damn chic doing it.



I really apologize for not writing more often. I am so so so sorry. OK I have so much to write about- my classes, my decisions, and my new internship (which I will reveal very soon. surprise surprise!). So stay tune. I have so much to write about tourism.

Much love from the Nile,
Pri

No comments:

Post a Comment