Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cairo Sunrise, 1

Last night, half jetlagged, half nagged by shrieking breaks and dog barks, I could not sleep.  It was 5:30 am and the sun was rising. Below my apartment, the bakery was so busy the scent of melting butter and marzipan floated through my window.  I could hear sweeping and pacing under me. I wish I could capture all of this in a photograph but yallah no more complaining. An old friend of mine once told me "the best camera is the one you have with you". So wallah Cairo sunrise shot with a Canon PowerShot SD something:


Dokki at Dawn


Through my purdah


-


Never delete a shot. You never know what you will get


I've been trying to reach these for the dining table but they are too far. So I shall watch from here 



My favorite shot in the series. The color of the sky is so beautiful. I would wake up every morning just like this if I could


No comments:

Post a Comment